Blog Surfer

Sunday 27 November 2011

#036 Brewer's Arms/Cleary's, Digbeth : 1998 to 2011

Back in 1998 this pub was called the Brewer's Arms. It's not a place I'd ever visited, but looked typical of the many back street pubs in Birmingham.
 
Fast forward to 2011 and it has been transformed into the Yellow and Green establishment that is now Cleary's!
Unfortunately, beacuse of the building works behind me, I wasn't able to get far enough back to give the same view as in 1998. I've still not been in the building and I'm assuming that it is run by the same people who ran the Cleary's that took over from the Pall Mall which was #011 in this series.

It would appear that it is a successful establishment by the number of friends on their Facebook page. This is the sixteenth in my 'Birmingham Eastside' series.

No comments:

Post a Comment