Blog Surfer

Thursday 14 February 2013

#102 The Swan, North Kilworth, Leicestershire : 1997 to 2012 (RIP)

The first time we stopped at North Kilworth was in the summer of 1997 on a trip that took us to Leicester and Nottingham.
This photo was taken on the evening of Tuesday 26th August 1997 and, to be honest, I don't remember too much about The Swan. I DO remember that we got a 'lock-in' at one of the pubs in the village while we played skittles in the bar.

North Kilworth is on the Leicester Section of the Grand Union Canal and so we don't often pass through there, but we were back again six years later.
This was a lunchtime stop on Tuesday 19th August 2003. The exterior had been repainted and all of the signs replaced. Inside? I still can't remember exactly what it was like!!

My latest pictures were taken as I drove over to Foxton Locks to observe the refurbishment of the lock flight. I took the opportunity to take pictures of a few of the pubs we'd visited in the past. This is what I found: -

That's right...it's closed and now a rather attractive house. These photos were taken on Sunday 16th December 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Many fond memories of living in North Kilworth , living in The Swan, which my parents John and Patricia Bower ran, . What a lovely childhood I had growing up in Kilworth back in the 1970s. Would live to get in touch with Sharon Winston, Carol Lloyd, the Burdett sisters, many others ! Thanks for pictures. ❤️

    ReplyDelete