Blog Surfer

Monday 24 October 2011

#027 The Old Wharf, Digbeth : 1998 to 2011

The Old Wharf in Digbeth is a small back street pub and, to be honest, I wasn't sure it would have survived
This is the twelfth in my 'Birmingham Eastside' series.
When I took this photo in 1998 I'd never been inside, but subsequently I've visited once on a Saturday evening mini pub crawl a few years later. All I really remember was that it was too loud!

This pub has survived because, like many others in this area, it does live music and incorporates the GO Club.
From the outside little has really changed. The ground level paintwork has made the place more attractive, but it doesn't look as though the 'Old Wharf' on the corner wall has been touched since 1998! All in all, another success story, but another example of a pub surviving because it is a music venue...not because its a good pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment