Blog Surfer

Wednesday 27 January 2021

#034 Billy's Bar, Digbeth, Birmingham : 1998 to 2021 (RIP)

 Continuing onwards with the depressing pub closures in Digbeth over the past 23 years we come to Billy's which had already closed and been converted to a Backpackers Hostel by the time of my 2011 visit. Here's what I wrote then: -

"This bar was a new discovery for me in 1998 when I photographed it. I never set foot in the place and probably never will now! 

This was the scene in 1998.

Fast forward to 2011 and it is now the Birmingham Central Backpackers hostel!

Central Birmingham Backpackers
Another pub gone, but at least it is being put to good use."
 
So, onto the view in 2021.
From this picture it would appear that the Backpackers Hostel is closed, however, when I searched on the internet I found this! According to their website, you can still book rooms there via Booking.com! It looks very closed to me! (Obviously, I'll have to take a look later in the year when restrictions are lifted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment